Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Own MySpace Page...............

I'm currently going through my "friends requests" and messages on my own MySpace page and I see that a lot of requests are coming from those that are marketing (or want to market) their businesses.

I don't see too much wrong with that because I know that there are "secrets" that people use on MySpace to help promote both their businesses and careers! Since I have a career and business of my own I shouldn't be too snobbish about others advertising their own businesses.

You could gain a very good network of contacts via your own MySpace page and I'm assuming that this is what a lot of people are doing. There's nothing wrong with promoting and / or advertising your business or career on your MySpace page. You never know whether or not you could get lucky with the contacts that you make there. And by lucky I mean getting contacts that can help you in your business ie more clients, more contacts and more customers!

But that's not to say that you can't use your own MySpace page as a personal networking site too. I think that was the reason that MySpace was started in the first place. As a matter of fact I am just "getting it" as far as the term MySpace is concerned. MySpace - meaning your own personal "space" on the internet - DUH!

So far I'm getting some very interesting friend requests - both from businesses and individuals.

I must say though that sometimes when I'm checking out another person's MySpace page, it takes some time for their sites to load.

I know people like to get carried away when they are adding stuff to their own MySpace pages but sometimes it will bog / slow down when other people are trying to load your MySpace page to see what you are all about.

No comments: